Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Peanuts!

Peanuts make a healthy addition to any diet, right?


OK, so maybe not these peanuts. Circus peanuts are one of the great mysteries of our time. What, exactly are they? Injection molded to look like a charicature of a peanut, but orange colored, and tasting of sickly sweet banana. How could you pass these bad boys up? I know I can't. They are one of the truly bad foods that I am drawn to like a mosquite to a bug zapper on a red neck's porch. If I venture too close to the candy aisle in the grcoery store, it is almost inevitable that a bag of these will, as if by circus magic, land in my cart. There is usually nothing left but a celophane wrapper by the time I get home, the only evidence to the crime.

I honestly don't know why I eat these. I don't think I actually like them. It's like a Bad Romance (cue Lady Gaga). Because when the damage is done, I always tell myself, never again.

Until next time.

1 comment:

  1. I actually hoped I could dream up some nutritional value for Mark in these, but I've come up with nothing! Sorry Mark, I can't find a place for these in your nutrition or food budgets. My recommendation...avoid the candy aisle for now. They are a marketing ploy. They're not real peanuts!

    ReplyDelete