Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Day 12: repetition

Day 12 was not culinarily exciting on the $3 diet.

breakfast was coffee with a bit of sugar, boiled eggs, and a PB&J on homemade white bread.

coffee  $ 0.13
sugar  $ 0.01
boiled eggs  $ 0.31
bread  $ 0.09
peanut butter  $ 0.05
jelly  $ 0.03
total:                                 $0.60

Boiled eggs are pretty portable, which is nice. I ate one at home and brought the other with me to the office, along with the PB&J. I was able to space my munching through the morning, which seems to work well with hunger management.

Lunch was just leftover sweet and sour beans ($0.44), which I have decided I like, and a serving of brown rice ($0.03). I am finding the brown rice less annoying now that I am getting used to eating it (we've been big jasmine rice fans for years).

I had a banana for an afternoon snack ($0.15).

The day was really pretty crazy. I had to move my office, kind of all of the sudden (we knew it was coming, but all of the suddent it needed to be done Wednesday, and since I'm on leave today and Wednesday, I needed to get it done yesterday). Then Monday evening (I'm writing this on Tuesday) I spent all evening finishing a syllabus and preparing to teach today. It was such a busy night, all I had time for was to whip up some sesame peanut noodles. So I had those for dinner, with some white bread for a snack while I was cooking and some mixed vegetables on the side (with some Frank's of course).

white bread  $ 0.03
sesame peanut noodles  $ 0.35
mixed vegetables  $ 0.30
Franks  $ 0.01
total:                                 $0.70

later in the evening I was a bit hungry, and since I knew I had plenty of money in the bank for the day, I cut up some carrots to munch on (3.5 oz - $0.17).


So while I'm there dutifully weighing my carrots and making notes to keep track, my daughter sallies up to the counter with her snack:


Yeah. That's how we roll at my house.

For day 12

Total cost: $2.09
Total calories: 1,877

Rounding out the triad:

Exercise was just a quick little run - about 22 minutes, for about 313 calories.

Sleep was adequate going into day 12 - probably 7 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment