Monday, January 27, 2014

Day 26: the home stretch!

Today is Monday, Day 26. Four more days!

Really, it hasn't been too bad most days. I feel good about the weight loss I've accomplished, as well as some of the lessons about eating that I have learned.

In the past when I have dieted, it's been all about the calories, not about nutrition, so I've developed some dysfunctional habits, like filling up on pickles and Diet Coke. I've learned from Kerryn that Diet Coke is not good for you, and that pickles are not a substitute for milk. So that's something.

Today started with the $3 diet special - oatmeal with milk, a little sugar, and coffee. $0.43.

Mid-morning I had a hard boiled egg ($0.15).

Lunch was the left over sesame peanut noodles (the disappointing ones without the sesame oil - really need to restock that) - $0.35.

In the afternoon before my 1500 class, I had a banana.

I did have Dot working all day cooking some black and red beans for a Southwest Pasta Salad dish I found:

http://theharrissisters.blogspot.com/2013/07/southwest-pasta-salad.html



I made about 2/3 of the recipe, and added onions. I could have made ratio of beans to pasta higher. Maybe even added some more veges, and it would still have been quite good. i made it with black beans, red beans, bell pepper, onion, shredded cheese, and ranch dressing. Lots of cumin and chili powder. It was pretty easy. If I had been using canned beans, prep time would have been about 20 minutes. It had a nice mix of textures and flavors. Kandie really liked it too - but she thinks it could have used some avocado. I'm allergic to avocado, so I refer to that fruit as "The Poison." Nevertheless, I have to agree with her. Back when I could eat avocado, I liked it quite well, and think it would have tasted great with this fresh dish.

The only drawback to lighter pasta dishes like this is... you're hungry soon after you eat it.

So I had a bit of bread ($0.02), an ounce of cheese ($0.17), and some birthday cake! ($0.25).

And I decided based on Kerryn's last analysis to give in and take a Calcium+Vitamin D supplement ($0.09). It's expensive than Tums, but it doesn't seem like I can get enough of those vitamins on this diet without the boost.

Total cost for the day: $2.26
Total calories: 1,816

Rounding out the Triad -

Exercise: None. I meant to go to the gym at lunch time, but the road to Hell is paved with good intentions, and I just stayed in the building. 

Sleep: About 7 hours.




No comments:

Post a Comment