Friday, January 31, 2014

Day 30: woo-hoo!

Almost done!

Wow - what a ride.

I met a former colleague for non-coffee at Starbucks at 0630 this morning (non-coffee meaning he had coffee, I watched him), then went to get my post-experiment lab work done. I went today because I'm thinking I'm going to have a few things this weekend that might blow the results come Monday.

So after the lab work, I had a PB&J sandwich (PB - $0.05; J - $0.03; wheat bread $0.09) in my office and brewed a cup of coffee ($0.03).

So breakfast was $0.20.

I went home for lunch and made a very nice plate of fried rice -


I had some left over brown rice in the fridge, so this idea came to me. 

Fried rice:

 
rice  $ 0.13
egg  $ 0.16
peas  $ 0.09
corn  $ 0.09
carrots  $ 0.17
soy  $ 0.04
canola  $ 0.01
onion  $ 0.12
Total:        $0.81

I ate the whole thing - about 750 cal! As I've said before, rice is cheap calories!

I had my calcium + vitamin D supplement with lunch ($0.09).

So lunch was $0.90.

In the afternoon I made another half pot of coffee ($0.09) and had an oz of cheddar ($0.19).

Dinner was grilled chicken breast ($0.75), roasted zucchini ($0.25), and bread ($0.12).

After dinner I had a cup of tea ($0.02) and a piece of bread ($0.03) with jelly ($0.03).

Total cost for the day: $2.58
Total calories for the day: 1,707

Rounding out the Triad -

Exercise: Ran 4.5 miles with the dog - about 550 cal.

Sleep: Didn't manage this one well. Got to bed at almost mid-night, had to get up at 0530 to get to my 0630 non-coffee. This was a second day in a row with low sleep, and I can tell you I was feeling it today. My performance level was lowered.

And that, my friends, is all she wrote!

3 comments:

  1. So thrilled that while this may not have "worked out" for you, you completed it, and have walked in the shoes of someone else. Way to go, Sir!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you did this experiment! Thank you for blogging so faithfully and for all the great pictures!

    ReplyDelete