Wednesday, January 8, 2014

meanwhile on the other side of the room

meanwhile on the other side of the room where my wife relaxes in middle class luxury,


she was brewing cup of caramel rooibos tea from Teavana. I think this one cup of tea may have cost more than my entire day's food.

It smells delicious.

It was also a Christmas gift - we don't usually have this in the house.

I do really miss my Dunkin' Donuts coffee, though. I did indulge myself with a cup of it this afternoon at work. I have a one-cup coffee maker in my office and used one scoop ($0.10) to make a cup. It was like heaven compared to the battery acid that comes out of the HEB coffee grounds.

2 comments:

  1. You're used to the taste of middle class coffee and that's what you've come to expect in the coffee you drink. It may just take some time to get used to a different, perhaps what you would consider, lower quality coffee. Once you're used to the new flavor, maybe that will then become what you expect to taste in a cup of coffee. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving this blog! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete