Thursday, January 9, 2014

summary stats from week 1

Two quick charts to summarize the first seven days.
First, cost and calories:
The blue bars represent daily food costs, with the dollar amount on the left axis. The red line represents total food calories consumed, with the calorie amount on the right axis. I'm staying a bit lower than intended - I had planned to target 1,800 to 2,000 calories per day. This could be easily fixed on almost every day by simply eating more bread, since I had excess resources left at the end of each day. Since I am trying to also lose weight, I don't want to do that. 

The weight loss process seems to be working:



Dec 20 was the day after Kerryn and I decided to try this experiment, and the first day I had weight data in the morning.

I am trying to consistently weigh myself first thing in the morning.

As you can see, I spiked a bit (quite a bit) over New Years. Not sure what I did differently on those days than the days leading up to Dec 30, because I was being pretty liberal with myself all through the holiday with eating. Nevertheless, as you can see, the weight seems to be coming off. I suspect the rate will stabilize next week at a much slower pace.

I felt pretty good this week - except I seemed to get a bit of a cold at the beginning of the week - but in terms of being hungry while dieting, this has not been too bad. The three dollar restriction seems to be helping me commit to eating more healthy food, which is interesting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment