Monday, January 27, 2014

Day 25: It's rainbows and unicorns!

I'm afraid day 25 was pretty boring.

So just look at this picture of unicorns and rainbows:


OK - just kidding. Well, about the unicorns and rainbows. It was a pretty boring day.

Oatmeal ($0.10) made with milk ($0.19) and a little sugar ($0.01), and coffee of course ($0.13) - for a breakfast total of $0.43.

After church services, I took the dog out for a 4.5 mile run. It was a nice clear day and the run felt good, if a little slow. Loseit says it was worth about 550 cal.

Lunch was sesame peanut noodles. The only dose of excitement for the day was the fact that I traded out creamy peanut butter for crunchy peanut butter. Oh - and I was out of sesame oil, so I made it with just canola, which drastically cut the cost, but also cut into flavor - $0.35.



Dinner was actually a little special. Day 26 is my daughter's birthday, and since that is a Monday, we decided to take her out to dinner. The only restaurant all my kids agree on is Macaroni Grill, so that is where we went.

I did eat there - because it was a family event. But trying to stay true to the spirit of the $3 Diet, I was committed to only buying something I could afford to cook at home on my budget. Initially I planned to just order a plate of pasta with marinara. But then I saw they had sausage and roasted potatoes - a dish I make all the time at home. So here is my estimate of what my Macaroni Grill dish would have cost me to make:

brats  $ 1.10
onion  $ 0.10
pepper  $ 0.17
potato  $ 0.24

Total                                                  $1.61

I also had some of their bread ($0.10) and dipped it in their olive oil ($0.05).

Total Mac Grill experience: $1.76

The actual bill was $13.50. I never would have ordered that dish out - I can make it at least as good as they did. But I wanted to keep to the spirit of the Diet, like I said.

I didn't snack during the day - so the total was pretty simple - $2.55 for day 25.

Rounding out the triad -

Exercise: as I mentioned, I ran about 4.5 miles for about 550 cal.

Sleep: Better than the night before - about 7 hours.

5 more days!

No comments:

Post a Comment