Friday, January 31, 2014

Day 29: One day more...


I'm happy to say, one day more today. It's been great, it's been fun, and now it's time to not have this constraint anymore.

I'm thinking fresh blueberries are in order for Saturday morning. Or some sort of fresh fruit.


Living on the $3 diet takes preparation. This represented my plan for the day. Breakfast, lunch, and snacks, ready to go to work with me. 

I worked out at the gym, had some coffee ($0.13), then packed off with all this stuff. But before I left, I swallowed a calcium+vitamin D supplement ($0.09), part of my new breakfast routine.

I ate the banana ($0.15) on the way to work. I ate the egg ($0.15) mid-morning.

Breakfast added up to $0.53.

I went out to lunch with my boss - we went to the Gucci-B (Central Market on Broadway). They have an eatery where you can buy stuff in the store (they have several short order lines, as well as pre-made salads and other nice stuff) and eat it. I smuggled in my peanut butter ($0.05) on wheat bread ($0.09) sandwich and a hunk of cheddar cheese ($0.39) and had a free glass of water.

Lunch was $0.56.

In the afternoon I had 6oz of peach yogurt ($0.37) as a snack.

For dinner I whipped up some baked penne.


The baked penne was was pretty basic - 6 oz of pasta ($0.36), 2.5 oz of ricotta ($0.30), 4.7 oz of mozzarella ($0.87), and 5 oz of homemade sauce ($0.40). Total cost for the pan - $1.93. I ate half for $0.96.

Even with that expensive dinner I was only at about $2.40, so I had another bowl of yogurt ($0.37) and a pickle ($0.14) later in the evening.

Total cost for the day: $2.94.

Rounding out the Triad -

Exercise: I did about 30 minutes on the stairmaster for about 600 cal, then another 15 minutes on the elliptical for another 200 cal.

Sleep: A little low - I stayed up late with my daughter helping her with homework and didn't get to bed until after midnight, so I wound up with about 6 hours of sleep - which is low for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment