Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Day 21: Who's chicken of chili?

Three weeks! Wow - time flies when you're having fun!

$3 diet standard breakfast, but added on a hard boiled egg for fun - because what's more fun than a hard boiled egg?

oatmeal  $ 0.10
milk  $ 0.19
brown sugar  $ 0.01
coffee  $ 0.13
egg  $ 0.16
tums  $ 0.04
total:                  $0.62

For lunch I packed tuna fish mixed with onions and celery, and brought some pre-weighed homemade wheat bread.

bread  $ 0.09
tuna  $ 0.37
celery  $ 0.06
onion  $ 0.10
mayo  $ 0.05
Total:                $0.66

I knew I wasn't getting home till late tonight, so I packed a small peanut butter sandwich (on my wheat bread), and a banana for snacks to eat at work.

Dinner was awesome though! I found a recipe for chicken chili and it came out excellent!


Dot started working on it early this morning, even before I went out for my run.

But by the time I got home, she had it just about finished:


I was very pleased with the outcome - at about 19 calories or $0.07 an ounce, I was able to have about 15 ounces for 302 calories and $1.01. I had it with some brown rice ($0.03), for a total dinner cost of $1.04.


I made up a homemade taco seasoning following this recipe: http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/homemade-taco-seasoning-recipe-taco-seasoning-mix/

My dinner was here: 


For dessert I had tapioca pudding ($0.32). Just enough sweet to balance out the lovely spiciness.

Total food cost:   $ 2.89
Total calories:      1,758

Rounding out the triad -

Exercise: ran about 3.4 miles slowly - about 428 calories.

Sleep: you would of thought I had stayed up all night given how hard it was to get going this morning, but about 7 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment